SSC CHSL 2022 Mains exam scheme and syllabus:
Tier-II will include the following three sections, each with two modules:
- Tier-II will be conducted in two sessions – Session-I & Session-II on the same day. Session-I will include conducting Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III. Session-II will include conducting Module-II of Section-III.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Tier-II.
- Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III. The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module-II (i.e. English Language and Comprehension module) in Section-II.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
Module-II of Section-III i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test:
- Module-II of Section-III will include conducting of Skill Test/ Typing Test in Session-II on the same day.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted as per the following scheme:
Part A – Skill Test for the post of DEO/ DEO Grade ‘A’:
‘Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (Eight Thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
Page 16 of 70
compensatory time of 5 minutes. Therefore, the duration of the Skill Test
for such candidates will be 20 minutes.
Part B – Typing Test for other posts i.e. LDC/ JSA:
SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 2 Syllabus: Paper 1
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1 etc.
- Statistics and probability: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation; calculation of simple probabilities.
correct usage; Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms,
Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One
word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of
Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence
parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension
Passage. To test comprehension, two or more paragraphs will be given
and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should
be a simple one based on a book or a story and the other paragraph should
be based on current affairs editorial or a report.